Animania 08 - AWSEOMENESS REBORN

2ND PLACE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO YEAH!!!

That is, 2nd place for best skit, Animania Saturday, 08^_^
Not bad for not expecting to win. I'm very relieved we all pulled it off, and came out with something to make the hard work all worth while.

We cosplayed the 7 Vongola Guardians from Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I was Takeshi Yamamoto.
(Picture stolen from Ravient)

Our performance can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg0AkBAU4hE
Everyone performed magnificently. Happiness all around.
Even when Ryohei lost his wig, he acted very professionally. He picked up the wig, realized it was hopeless, chucked it away, and continued on with the performance. ^_^

The only thing that I'm cringing is at my shitty performance. I wasn't dynamic enough. And my Gokudera shove looked super gay because we weren't close enough. Acks! There's other stuff too, but hey, what a heck !!

Oh, and I didn't bring my camera on Saturday, so here are some pics from my phone.

Archer from Fate/Stay Night. Pretty edgy. (This is actually a girl cosplaying)

This Ishida cosplay was pretty interesting because his bow is different. Not as good as the one from Supernova Saturday 08 though.

I also don't know who this is, but it's pretty wacky.

Then I pretty much squealed when I saw the Black Ranger cosplay. LOL!! Maybe it was because a few days before, when I watched the new Power Rangers episodes. They're now calling it Power Rangers: Jungle Fury. And with the help of some plot, there were 9 power rangers in this particular battle. Watch it here (skip to 1:45)

On that segway, check out how "cool" the monsters are now *cough cough* The one here is doing the worm (skip to 1:55).

ANYWAYS!!! Back to Animania :)

This is the guy who did Nero - Devil May Cry 4 from SMASH 08. Don't know his character this time.

And this pic is just so great :) One for the guys ^____^
(Though, later on I found out the one of the right weren't her real size. haha...)

Another cute one. Don't know who they are once again.

Roxus - Final form.
Looooved her weapons and hair. Though, they should have confiscated her hair. To sharp!! They could have poked my eye out or something @___@

Here's the team that beat us to first place. They deserve every single bit. Like seriously, who can say no to such an awesome dragon ~!!!!!!! And that fur @_@... imagine sewing it together.

And here's the awesome soldiers from Dynasty Warriors. Never played the game, but I knew them at a moment's glance. Kudos to Dynasty Warriors marketing team :)

So out of all the cosplays, my favourite would have to be the Team Fortress 2 team. Ah... that game brings back the memories :) .....I didn't get a picture of them sadly, so here's Ravient's pic:
Aren't they so awesome @________@
They even had a red team member somewhere.

All and all, the day was pretty special.

Now for the byatching.

Because TownHall renovations were under way, Animania had moved to Australian Technology Park (ATP). I've been there once, and knew it wasn't suitable for this kind of thing. The place is to tattery. In summary, the place looks like an underground joint filled with random blue walls, and the occasional white furniture. I was almost half waiting for cops to suddenly burst in and start arresting people
(which I must mention, did kind of happen. Not because the place was so crap, though they probably should have arrested the guy in charge of ATP heating anyways, but because two boys were caught doing graffiti on the walls)
(as the juveniles were detained till the police came, they actually said our performance was great!! Haha... and I looked like Yamamoto. LOL. They were just being nice)

And must I say? The lighting was shitty (as usual anyways). But worst of all, it was cold >__<. It really killed me to see people shivering, especially my friends. Stupid Animania staff. There were even heat grids in some areas, but they didn't turn them on. Okay, enough byatching. I enjoyed Animania. It had it's nice moments. I just hope Animania takes in all the feedback they'll get in the next few days. BUT WOOOOOOOTTT!!! 2nd PLACE !!!!!! ( which was like a first place for us :D ) For better recounts of our day, see Ravient's and SilverHarmony's post ^^

Ah.... time to relax :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First guy is 'Archer' from Fate/Stay Night ^_^

Anonymous said...

'Sew', Yamamoto Takeshi, not 'sow'.

[/ Hibari]

And you seemed pretty dynamic to me. Lol, everyone keeps critiquing themselves about the performance. I think each person did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Late comment is late, but the white-haired DMC4 guy is cosplaying Nowe from Drakengard 2. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]rayfy.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research indicates that about 50% of all United States grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.