Happy 2009 =D

!!!~ Happy New Year ~!!!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable New Years Eve.

I watched the fireworks this year from Pyrmont, and WOW, I was still amazed by the view of the place. It's a marvelous site, and it's not very packed, so that's definitely a good thing.

This year's celebrations was spent with Florence's brother+family, who came all the way from Adelaide to see the majestic Sydney fireworks. I chose Pyrmont because it was the most "family friendly area" without sacrificing a great location. So win on both balances.

This image pretty much shows how vacant the area was most of the day (until 7pm-ish when it became moderately packed)

Of course we weren't alone, and our 'neighbours' gradually filled up around us. There are some worth mentioning too.
We named the yellow shirted lady on the left hand side, "klitty woman". Basically she undresed herself for a sunbathe, except for her skirt, layed on her back, and therefore, revealing her "klitty" towards us. We were wondering if we should go tell that she was revealing herself to the world. We decided to let her be, and hope that she would clothe up before the kids arrived.

Then there were the 3 people further in front. I thought the person in the green singlet was a guy. When they finally turned around, it was a girl~!!! Okay... not important. But hey :) ... goes to show never judge a person by their clothes.

Anyways, more 'neighbours' came in, and set up a really huge area.
They reserved it all with those two big tarpolines, and I thought to myself. Hey!! I should do that next year. One tarpoline was pretty much the size of my 3 picnic blankets together, and.. it also means I need less objects to weigh down each corner.

There was also this guy on our right with two full chip DSLRs, each with an awesome 400mm lenses, mounted on tripods. I was so intimidated/dribbling-over-it that I forgot to take a picture.
When I saw it, I was like "dude, I gotta get me one of those lenses." Second thought was "DOH!! I forgot to bring my tripod"

Later on in the day, a sky writing plane spelt out BOSE across the sky. I later checked it out, and it's some Audio Equipment company. (oh, by the way, if you are working at BOSE, and see this blog entry, can I get some money for giving you advertising?)

Another advertising campaign was from Telstra, spelling out "Call Mum". The message worked, and I did call my mum later that night, but I don't think it made me think of changing to Telstra.


I thought it would be funny to take a picture of the harbour bridge passing time. From the same spot, using relatively the same exposure, I shot an image of the bridge every hour starting from 3.23pm. The time varied, and at times I forgot to take the picture, like the 7ish, 10ish, and 11ish.
And it's quite interesting to see how a matter of 12 minutes, between 8:18 and 8:30, made the sky go much darker. Just surreal!!!

Staying there for practically most of the day gave me opportunites to take pictures I usually couldn't be bothered too.
Such as this shot.

The wonderful moon in the clouds.

And I guess I wasn't the only one who realised the beauty of the sky.

When heading for a toilet break, I managed to take this shot. I don't know, it just seems lovely to me. It also reminds me of an Italian city. Can anyone tell me why?

Anyways, then came the spectacular fireworks.
The ones below are from the 9pm family fireworks, which were a blast~!!!

During the 9pm fireworks and the midnight countdown, Florence and I spent it playing with the little kiddies. They were insane. lol. But cute at the same time.

Then came the new year, and sure was it spectacular. I spent half the time taking shots of the fireworks.





And yup. That's the pictures :D~!!!!!! Hope you liked them.
Also, thanks to Florence who had to put up with my jokes all day. You pawr girl (XD).... Hope you and your family had a blast anyways :D

This year I'll be blogging up photos just as a way to showcase my work. Also, it's easier because I don't have to think of anything to write. lol.

Okay, looking forward to the new year!!!

6 comments:

chibi said...

lol, I think the person in the green shirt does look like a girl..and even putting the clothes aside, doesn't her body shape look like a girls? XD Plus she's got that strap around her neck, which I believe guys don't have XD

Beautiful cloud shots by the way :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Haha yeah, doesn't she look like a girl XD?

Anyway, wow, tons of amazing photos here! Happy 2009.

Anonymous said...

kimochi warui...

Unknown said...

lol. Now I think about it, it does kinda resemble a woman's figure. Maybe it was the hair + green singlet. Plus the way she was acting.
And some guys wear strap around their necks ^^ (won't name who) but it's fine!

And thanks for the photo appreciations guys :D

@Panda man. Nani???

Anonymous said...

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anonymous said...

you are invisible